Refined talc is the purest form of hydrated magnesium silicate. Due to its physical and chemical ineffectiveness, regulatory authorities around the world consider pure talc safe for human consumption.
Pure talc has several other inherent physical and mechanical properties that are suitable for use in medicines. As a result, pure talc meets *IP, BP, USP standards in accordance with * IP, BP, USP as an acceptable byproduct acts by-product in the manufacture of tablets and capsules, powders and creams.
Different uses of talc in pharmaceutical industry
• Talc has a layered structure. It is applied to the outside of capsules and tablets to ensure the necessary lubricity and facilitate the swallowing process. it prevents the adhesion of the tablet to the mold, and tablets and capsules from sticking to each other.
• Talcum powder with appropriate concentration, covering surface irregularities and reducing friction between particles, acts as a slider thus used for tablet compression.
• talc is used with common excipients such as microcrystalline cellulose and lactose to create lubricating formulations resulting in tablets with very low friability, high crushing force, high dissolution rate, weight uniformity, content and comparable potency.
Magnesium oxide or magnesia, represented by the chemical symbol MgO, has many uses in the biological world. This compound has many health benefits for the human body and can be used as a source of magnesium. This compound is used in drug form to help relieve constipation, control depression, treat migraine headaches, etc. Magnesium oxide improves indigestion, relieves stomach pain and heartburn. It is also lame and can improve digestive disorders. Note that 32% by weight of our talc compound is magnesium oxide.
Another element that is abundantly appeared in Hanaakia's talc is zinc, which accounts for more than 27% of the mass weight of the lumps. Zinc oxide has antibacterial and photocatalytic properties in medicine. Zinc oxide particles are used in the manufacture of pigments, piezoelectric devices, and as drug carriers. The silica compound found in Hanaakia`s talc accounted for more than 62% of the lump mass. Silica is a biomaterial found in the human food cycle and is widely used in dentistry, orthopedics and skin care. Aerosil or silica foam is a mineral compound whose main nature is silica or silicon dioxide. This compound is one of the special chemicals, with a special structure with unique applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
Properties of silica used in the pharmaceutical industry are the following:
• Improves the physical properties of the pill including fragility and hardness
• The factor is increasing viscosity and increasing the concentration of liquids
• It is used as a thickening agent and anti-drooping agent.
• Prevent material buildup.
• Excellent polish ability and high hiding power.
• Low density, high capacity, light weight